Module 5: Identify & Analyse Threats
What You’ll Learn
✓ In this module, we introduce you to the hacker’s mindset, security team roles, different types of tools, risk management, security awareness and finally we go over two case studies.
Introduction - 2 minutes
- Welcome (2 min)
- Welcome video for Identify and Analyze Threats
Cyber Ecosystem Overview - 30 minutes
- Hacker Mindset (10 min)
- Take a glance into a hacker’s motivation and the incentives behind malicious attacks
- Security Team Roles (13 min)
- Overview of security organizations and the different roles involved
- Types of Tools ( 7 min)
- Common tools used in the security domain, brief introduction to toolkits
Cyber Mindset - 22 minutes
- Risk Management (6 min)
- Introduction to threat modeling and an organization’s risk assessment
- Security Awareness (16 min)
- Types of commons threats available and security frameworks along with case studies on high profile attacks
Case Studies - 8 minutes
- WannaCry (4 min)
- Case study regarding the WannaCry attack
- Bank Hack (4 min)
- Case Study focusing on a Mexican Bank hack
Guidance and Motivation
The program is created by engineering veterans who worked at Cisco, Arista Networks, top VARs, and in the U.S. Air Force. The founders have trained over 1000+ engineers for the military and built this curriculum from the ground up in order to make you job and mission-ready!
Over 40+ years of combined industry experience have been poured out into our Cyber Security Specialist program to take anyone from Zero to Engineer in 14 to 24 weeks.
I’m a Network Engineer, Entrepreneur, and Air Force veteran who is passionate about computer networking, education, and high performance teams. I enjoy people, teaching, learning, business, and cutting edge technology.
Pat Gorman, is a lover of all things tech-related & learning something new every day is his motive. Pat is a huge sports guy and plays soccer and hockey weekly. He enjoys teaching and spreading cybersecurity and other IT knowledge to the world. He holds quite a few IT certifications under his belt