Module 7: Full Stack Network Security
What You’ll Learn
✓ In this module, we dive more deeply into networking again since we have had a taste of cyber security. We will learn about access controls, firewalls, proxy servers, honeypots, VPNs, IPSEC, wireless security and IOT security.
- Welcome Video
- Welcome Video for Network Security
LAN & WAN Security - 55 minutes
- Access Controls (7 min)
- Introduction to Access Controls and how they are critical to protecting and segmenting data.
- Firewall ( 10 min)
- Here we will cover defense tools like firewalls and how they can monitor incoming and outgoing data on networks.
- Proxy Servers (10 min)
- Explain proxy servers and how they reduce the chance of network breaches.
- Honeypots & Honeynets ( 6 min)
- Explain the use of Honeypots and how they are used to deceive malware, now a common security measure.
- VPN ( 12 min)
- The importance of Virtual Private Networks and how they are implemented.
- IPSEC ( 10 min)
- Used in VPNs, we’ll take a look at this secure networking protocol that authenticates and encrypts data.
Wireless Security - 13 minutes
- Wireless Network Security (13 min)
- Wireless networks and security issues faced in this domain including 802.11 and Bluetooth.
Virtualization & Cloud Security - 10 minutes
- IOT Security (10 min)
- We’ll take a look at IOT and the challenges of security in this ecosystem.
Guidance and Motivation
The program is created by engineering veterans who worked at Cisco, Arista Networks, top VARs, and in the U.S. Air Force. The founders have trained over 1000+ engineers for the military and built this curriculum from the ground up in order to make you job and mission-ready!
Over 40+ years of combined industry experience have been poured out into our Cyber Security Specialist program to take anyone from Zero to Engineer in 14 to 24 weeks.
I’m a Network Engineer, Entrepreneur, and Air Force veteran who is passionate about computer networking, education, and high performance teams. I enjoy people, teaching, learning, business, and cutting edge technology.
Pat Gorman, is a lover of all things tech-related & learning something new every day is his motive. Pat is a huge sports guy and plays soccer and hockey weekly. He enjoys teaching and spreading cybersecurity and other IT knowledge to the world. He holds quite a few IT certifications under his belt