FSNE: Configuring Cisco Network Devices (CCNA)
- Welcome (1 min)
- Welcome to the Configuring Cisco Network Devices module!
Core Devices and Concepts - 75 minutes
- Network Devices (24 min)
- Let’s have a look at some actual Cisco Network devices such as routers, switches, wireless APs, and firewalls!
- Device Components (40 min)
- We must know the main components on the inside of our networking devices – let’s have a look fellow networking enthusiasts!
- How to Connect to a Console Port (11 min)
- What color is the Cisco console connection and the console cable? Answer: Light blue
Router and Switch Basics - 91 minutes
- Router and Switch Bootup (27 min)
- Let’s look into the details of the bootup process.
- Cisco IOS and CLI Modes (18 min)
- With Cisco Systems we have a few different operating systems. Here we will dive into the Cisco Internetwork Operating System (Cisco IOS) and learn how to use it.
- Essential Network Configurations (20 min)
- Let’s do a lab on the most essential network configuration elements!
- Core Protocols (10 min)
- There are a few protocols that we need to make sure you completely understand. Let’s get down with some Telnet, SSH, ICMP, FTP, and TFTP!
- Device Discovery Protocols (16 min)
- Our devices can automatically detect each other’s presence through the Ether… net.
Introduction to Troubleshooting - 36 minutes
- Cisco Troubleshooting (36 min)
- The Cisco troubleshooting perspective – it makes a lot of sense!
Guidance and Motivation
The program is created by engineering veterans who worked at Cisco, Arista Networks, top VARs, and in the U.S. Air Force. The founders have trained over 1000+ engineers for the military and built this curriculum from the ground up in order to make you job and mission-ready!
Over 40+ years of combined industry experience have been poured out into our Full Stack Network Engineering program to take anyone from Zero to Engineer in 14 to 24 weeks.
I’m a Network Engineer, Entrepreneur, and Air Force veteran who is passionate about computer networking, education, and high performance teams. I enjoy people, teaching, learning, business, and cutting edge technology.
20 years in the computer networking industry that has included campus enterprise and Service Provider backbone support. Headed up the problem management team overseeing troubleshooting for all high profile issues at AT&T. Began teaching Cisco networking as a Cisco Netacad Instructor in 2007. My focus is to get students CCNA certified.
I am a Network, Collaboration, and Automation Engineer with a passion for helping others become their technical best. I have worked with and taught technology for over twenty years. Learning Cisco and becoming certified change my life. I am committed to helping others do the same.